(altered to fit my desires, of course!)
- 1/2 cup of Kashi Pilaf, cooked as directed
- 1 packet of salmon
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 t dried oregano
- 1/8 t black pepper
- torn, fresh spinach (to taste)
- green olives (to taste)
- 3 T lemon juice
- one small container of reduced-fat feta
- cherry tomatoes (to taste)
- olive oil
- Combine cooked pilaf with all the the ingredients except the last three. Microwave until hot.
- Add the feta and cherry tomatoes. Drizzle with olive oil and stir to combine.
I ate this dish on the eve of a cold, so the saltiness of the salmon, olives, and feta happily satisfied my ailing taste buds.
If desired, add in/substitute as you see fit: different olives, chicken instead of salmon, different cheese, etc. The original recipe called for 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper, which I had but left out simply because I failed to carefully read the ingredient list. The original recipe called for 1/2 cup orzo, but I was happier with my lower-carb choice of pilaf.